Friday, November 30, 2007

ISFJ

Today my new manager wanted me to go to a Myers & Briggs Workshop to find my personality type. For those that don't know the Myers & Briggs instrument is used to help you understand your personality type. You take this assessment and after scoring it, it's supposed to tell you what type of person you are. It's supposed to help at work in that after you take this you will know more about yourself and if you know what type other people are, it can explain why they act the way they do. I was pretty sure that this was not going to tell me anything but a bunch of crap! There's no way to tell what type of personality you have by taking this assessment! After taking the assessment, here are my results.
My personality type is ISFJ and here is a small description of that personality type:
Quiet, friendly, responsible, and conscientious. Committed and steady in meeting their obligations. Thorough, painstaking, and accurate. Loyal, considerate, notice and remember specifics about people who are important to them, concerned with how others feel. Strive to create an orderly and harmonious environment at work and at home.

Guess who is now a believer in the Myers & Briggs Instrument Assessment? For those that know me, know that description is pretty right on!!!!
________________________________________________
Tonight I walk in my friend Leslie's house and Maggie (her 5 year old) says "Hey Kelley, you did your hair!" I said "yep, sure did" and she says "YAY, it's PURPLE!" Kids say the darnedest things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting....

I S F J

in other words...

I'm
Silly
Funny
Jokester