Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A letter to Pastor Josh

Dear Pastor Josh,
I write this letter with mixed emotions. On one hand I am so happy for you and this opportunity that God has presented to you. I know that the church that is getting you is right now the luckiest church on the planet. They have no idea what's in store for them and just how awesome their new Youth Pastor is going to be. Then on the other hand, I am very sad to see you go! You are truly what a Youth Pastor should be.
Thank you for being who you are and being real with our teens. Thank you for teaching us other youth leaders how to be a youth leader. Thank you for giving two of my closest friends an opportunity to see what they can do for Christ. Thank you for "wooing" me out from under my family's wings and making me think about what I want to do for the Lord.
I know for you this must be a bitter sweet goodbye but I trust the Lord and I also know "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Love in Christ (how corney is that!)
Kelley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely said Kelley...so on that note....what she said Pastor Josh!!

Anonymous said...

Kelley, one of the hardest things about leaving was how the youth leaders would respond. You all are the most loyal people I have ever had the priviledge to work beside. The teens will fall in love with the next youth pastor and I hope you all will serve the next person as well as you served me and Paige. Remember, it's a youth group not a youth leader group. It will always be about those teens and pointing them to Christ. You are an amazing woman. Thank you for working besdie me to impact the lives of the youth of Louisville. Don't stop!