Sunday, January 13, 2008

Embracing My Diversity

Church was awesome today! The message really hit home! When I was a little girl, I was different - I was the girl that didn't wear pants, I was the girl that didn't have her ears pierced, I was the girl that always went to church. So when I got older, I didn't want to be different. I wanted to be just like everyone else so I made sure that I was and you know what - I almost lost who I was! I almost lost the very thing that made me different! Today's message really made me realize that I am different and no matter what I can't change that, it's who I am, it's the "tribe" that I come from. So I need to embrace it. I need to not care what non Christian people think about me. I need to not worry about what they think when I tell them what I believe. I just need to be me!
Thank you Lord for making me different.
Shabach, Halleluja! Blessed be the rock, shabach!

No comments: