Saturday, March 1, 2008

Psalm 56:3

A good friend gave me a pretty awesome book for Christmas. It’s a daily devotional by Max Lucado called Grace for the Moment II. Anyone that knows me KNOWS that I don’t read for fun, so for me to read this book every day is something that I consider to be a chore. Now I’ll be honest, with ya, I don’t read it daily but I do, do a lot of catch up reading during the week. So Friday as I was catching up, I read Wednesday’s entry. What it said made perfect sense to me and I really need to do my best to remember this everyday!
“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” Psalm 56:3 NLT

How did Jesus endure the terror of the crucifixion? He went first to the Father with his fears. He modeled the words of Psalm 56:3.

Do the same with yours. Don't avoid life's Gardens of Gethsemane. Enter them. Just don't enter them alone. And while there, be honest. Pounding the ground is permitted. Tears are allowed. And if you sweat blood, you won’t be the first. Do what Jesus did; open your heart.

And be specific. Jesus was. "Take this cup," he prayed. Give God the number of the flight. Tell him the length of the speech. Share the details of the job transfer. He has plenty of time. He also has plenty of compassion.

He doesn't think your fears are foolish or silly. He won't tell you to "buck up" or "get tough."

He's been where you are. He knows how you feel.

And he knows what you need."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl I read the same book everyday. I'm probably telling on myself, but there are 3 days that really touched my heart, and made me realize "I am so glad I found Jesus!!!" January 3rd, January 18th, and Febeuary 17th. I am sure there will be plenty more to come. Everyday is a new discovery.