Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Kill a Mockingbird Baby...

For those that don't know the "Mockingbird Story" Read This To Kill A Mockingbird? (and if you can't request me as a friend!)

So now that your cracking up, try and settle...
Fast forward 6 months. My dad comes over and trims that bush to a manageable size and removes the nest.
Now fast forward 6 more months to about a week ago, I'm walking up to my door and WHAT do I notice in my OTHER more manageable than the other cherry tree in front of my front window? A NEST! OH NO, not another one! I pick up the pace as I walk to the door. That same night, Leslie is over and offers to dispose of the nest but my gloves were in the shed in the back yard and it was dark, etc, etc and she was "NOT touching that without gloves"
Days go on and no momma bird flies at my head so tonight after I cut my grass, I grabbed my gloves and headed out to the front yard to show this mockingbird who's boss! I put on the gloves and look around....I'm gonna put my head phones back on JUST in case momma bird comes flying, I won't hear her! Grab the nest and what do I find? 3 eggs! Oh Dang! I'm sorry little babies, if your crazy momma hadn't pecked my head last year, you may have had a chance! oh come on like you wouldn't have done the same thing! go ahead, Call PETA! RIP Baby Mockingbirds!

1 comment:

Angela Rivera said...

Ah, poor little babies.