Friday, August 1, 2008

Plan B

Every year the company that I work for does what they call the Business Continuity Build-out exercise. Basically what happens is the cafeteria in my building becomes an airline operations center. They do this in case of emergency. (I would hate to see the emergency that shuts down the whole airline!) Well, guess who gets to be a part of this "exercise" this weekend? It's just another benefit of becoming a "snoopervisor". So tonight at 5:00 PM, yes that's after working the whole day, I get to go down to the cafeteria and move tables around, set up PC's, monitors, phones, access to printers/faxes, etc etc. I heard earlier this week that we're here until like 10:00 or 11:00 PM, but then on the elevator this morning, I heard someone say, it's better now with the flat panel monitors and we're not here that long. THEN on Sunday morning (UGH!) come back in and put everything back. Sounds like a good time, huh? One good thing - I get a day off soon to make up for it. oh and there's pizza too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, you will do anything for pizza won't you????

auntie jen