Thursday, October 9, 2008

P.R.A.I.S.E

Last night's service was awesome! Pastor Darlene Bishop started her message with a verse that I actually know, have memorized and even have it on my refrigerator - Proverbs 3:5. It says
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding"

I am amazed every day how God works! Yesterday morning I was reading Psalm 34 before work and in the beginning of that chapter it says
"I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth."
and then later in the chapter it says
"The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart"
Then last night Pastor Darlene was talking about Praising God no matter what! Praising Him in the valley because He is always with you in the valley. She said Praise is People Rising Above Incident Saying Enough!
SO even though today is a day that will always be a "bad day" for me because of what happened on this day in 1986 and I STILL don't understand why things happen the way they do, I will shut the door on my broken heart and trust in the Lord and lean not on my own understanding. I will say enough to dwelling on the sadness of it. and
"The LORD is my strength and my shield;My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him."

1 comment:

Mimi K said...

Our preacher just preached on New Beginnnings. It was a great sermon. Something I needed to hear. The Devil has been trying to destroy my soul, but God gave me a new beginning on Sunday night. God knows what we need to hear & how to deliver it.

We serve a great God. Keep trusting & keep praising. God will bring us through.