Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring.....

Today was one of those days at work - It wasn't a bad day, I just didn't want to be there. So around 4:30 I had enough and just HAD to get out of there. Of course, it had just started raining and I didn't bring my umbrella in (although, I considered it when I got out of the car this morning). As I'm walking down the stairs I notice out the window that the rain was pretty heavy and the guys in front of me stopped at the door and one said, "I'll just wait this out". But not me! I couldn't be in that building one minute longer. Surely it can't be that bad. So I take off, walking fast at first, but then realize that it's POURING down rain. so I start to run, thinking the whole time, "dang how far did I park?!" then remembering I parked at the very end of the lot - because I'm trying to be more "healthy" and walk more! UGH! Of all days to do that! By the time I got to my car I was dripping wet and I mean dripping -hair, shirt, pants EVERYTHING! So I get in the car and guess what? Yep - it wouldn't start! So I have to sit in the car for at least 10 more minutes! Of course I had to twitter it and I was laughing the whole time because by that time it had stopped raining, the sun was out AND it was 5:00 when I left the parking lot, which by the way is the time I normally leave. I'm just glad I can laugh at stuff like that!
Now for the reason I had to sit for 10 minutes until the car started - after reading a bit in the owners manual of my car and doing a little research on the trusty Internet I've found that sometimes in a Grand Am, the Passlock anti-theft device goes a little haywire and you have to reset it by turning the key to "on" and sitting for ten minutes. so now, I have to figure out how to fix it.....

No comments: