Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Conversation Opener....

You can tell a conversation is not going to go well when the person that you are speaking with starts off with their head shaking, then sighs, puts their head down in their hands and sighs again.

So I say this to that person
Please, next time that you want to talk to me, could you find a better opener? Seriously?
I do respect your position - but that's it. Don't act like you have to think of a way to "deal" with me. Just tell me what you want and I will do it because it's my job. Your "disapproving" guilt trip will not work on me because the respect you crave as a person, you're not getting from me!


And of course I would never say that to that person because
1. I'm a big chicken and
B. Times are hard and I have a house payment!

Blog: the art of saying what you wish you could say

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I usually say what I'm thinking. I could use a dose of that "big chicken"!