Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Years Resolution

Now normally I don't make new years resolutions. Why? Hum, that's a good question. Maybe it's because they always get broken so I don't see a point. or maybe it's because I break them and I don't want to feel like a failure? OR MAYBE it's because I can't think of one good enough to keep....Let's go with that one...

Well guess what? I thought of one some good enough to keep this year!
A few days after the new year I re tweeted something from, of all people, RevRunWisdom, His tweet said "I've learned to be content in whatever situation I'm in! (Philippians 4:11)" I knew the verse but wondered if there was any thing else so I looked it up. I ended up reading the whole chapter. so THAT'S my new years resolution(s)!

This year I plan to:

1. Rejoice in the Lord always!
2. Again I say Rejoice!
3. Let my gentleness be evident to all.
4. I will not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, and with thanksgiving, present my requests to God.
5. Let God's peace which transcends all understanding guard my mind and heart.
6. Think on things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent AND praiseworthy!
7. Be content in whatever situation I'm in!
8. Remember I can do all things through Him

so there we go....that shouldn't be to hard...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want not approve on it. I regard as nice post. Particularly the designation attracted me to review the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.