Friday, December 7, 2007

WOOHOO the Weekend!!!

This weekend is gonna be fun filled! Not only am I going to the Christmas Flea Market to get some Christmas shopping done, and also having a girls Christmas party with my family but I will also be celebrating a very special anniversary with some very special people. Knowing Randy & Debbie Boggs (Pastor Randy & Momma Boggs as some like to call them) truly has been a blessing. I’ve known them all my life so I pretty much consider them my second set of parents. They were there for me during the most difficult time in my life, which was many years ago but I will never forget that! I can remember spending most of my summers over at their house and they always had the best UL/UK game parties. Our parents used to play Rook (shhh, don’t tell the other COG preachers!) and stick us kids down in the basement to entertain ourselves! Me and Christy had our share of good times and got in our share of trouble too! My favorite Debbie quote is “Chrrrristy, you girls be quiet, your daddy’s asleep!” My mom and Randy sang together along with some others, I think they were dubbed the “Randy Dandy Trio”! And if you can EVER be in a Sunday school or any other type class that Debbie teaches – DO IT!

These days, being married for 40 years is a great accomplishment. I commend them for their commitment to each other and I know that they are as in love today as they were 40 years ago! Way to go Randy and Debbie! Happy 40th wedding anniversary! I love you!

1 comment:

Jen Arnold said...

Hey girl! I'm actually leaving a comment this time and not silently lurking! Love your blog...just started one myself but I'm not real sure what I'm doing yet! I think I'm at JimNJen.blogspot.com - check it out! Jen Arnold