Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Church was awesome today!
You know how sometimes you can just sing a song and it never really sinks in? Today was just the opposite! As we were singing “Here I Am to Worship” today, it really struck me – I seriously will NEVER know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross! I really don’t think it could have been said any better than that!
I’m beginning to think that I didn’t listen at all in SS when I was younger or my memory is worse than I thought – I don’t remember Moses being married OR having children! Is that bad?
These last two Sundays have really made me examine my giving. You hear all the Pastors talk about tithing and think “oh they are not talking about me, I tithe” But then last week, it (well I guess I should say He) hit me, I really don’t truly give 10% of my income. Since I’ve started consistently tithing, I have only been tithing on my net income. And my excuse has always been, “there’s no way I can tithe on my gross income, because of taxes and all the other stuff that comes out, my net income is just a little above half of my gross” But then this week it (He) hit me again – and I quote “Most people are getting half of what God has to offer because they are only giving half of what they have to offer”. After hearing that, I’m sure I just sat there with my mouth open, like “Oh wow” So; guess what I’m going to start doing next week?

1 comment:

Clay said...

it works kelley.... it really does...