Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Sunday Recap & Monday Morning woes

So yesterday was "super"! Not only did the NYG win the Super Bowl, church was even more awesome than that! I'm not actually a true blue Giants fan but I'm just glad to see the underdog win. For some reason I usually pull for the underdog.
Our newest member of our Pastoral Care Team, Pastor Craig ministered yesterday. I guess it was his inaugural message and I must say it was a very good one! As I was listening to his message, I kept thinking of 2 of my close friends and some people that I work with and just wished they were there to hear it! It seems funny to me that back in the day the COG was the first to tell you denomination mattered, but so many things have changed since then and now, we FINALLY mean it when we say "come as you are and let God do the rest"! I guess I'll just have to keep telling them that it doesn't matter what church you were raised in! But now I think I'll add to the end of that - "just give the man what he wants!"
So this morning I'm getting ready to leave for work and I think "I should check my other purse to make sure i get my desk keys." then quickly dismiss that thought because I KNOW I didn't take them home Friday. I leave, drive the 18.6 miles to work, get to my desk and notice that my desk keys are not where I THOUGHT I left them! Where could they be? Oh yeah, now I remember, I took them home Friday! so I walk back down to the car, leave, drive the 18.6 miles back home and find the keys in the purse that I had on Friday, that I thought about checking but didn't before I left this morning! Moral of the story: Not only is the Holy Spirit a comforter, he's a put a thought in your head that you should heed to, assistant!

No comments: