Sunday, June 15, 2008

Here's what I said...

Did you know that you have one of the best Pastor’s in the world?
Well, just like you think he’s the best Pastor in the world, I know I’ve got one of the best dad’s in the world!
That same love he has for God and this church – He has that love for his family!
The same wisdom he brings to you in each service – it’s even better over breakfast and coffee!
The same zeal and passion that he has in his voice when he’s speaking the Word– oh he has that as a dad too! Especially when you’ve been caught doing something you shouldn’t be doing! Just ask Christa…
He's the most awesome man I know! He loves the Lord and leans on him for everything. He's faithful to his church and not just because he's the pastor, either! Besides being a father to me and my sister, he also had to be a mother to us. When my mom died, he didn't complain about how he didn't know how to raise two girls, he just did it. He's loving, caring, compassionate, funny, patient, (well, most of the time) and kind! He taught us how to cook; well he taught me how to cook….you know, I could stand here and go over everything that he actually taught us, but what I want to tell you about are the things that you don’t think about until you’re older, the things that I’m really thankful for; For example:
When we were younger, we thought he had no idea what he was talking about. Thank you Dad, for sharing your wisdom and always being right!
Another thing when we were younger, we usually complained about how we always had to go to church every time the doors were open – Today I find myself WANTING to be in church every time the doors are open! Thank you, Dad, for teaching us faithfulness and commitment!
I see people in the world today that crumble every time life throws them curve ball - Thank you, Dad for teaching us about the peace that we can only have by walking in Faith!
I can remember always hearing him praying in his bedroom and the living room - Thank you, Dad for teaching me how to pour my heart out to God and to pray without ceasing!
Dad, without you, I wouldn’t be the woman I am today! I love you with all my heart! I’ll always be your little girl and you’ll always be the best dad in the world!

No comments: