Tuesday, June 10, 2008

No new pets!

Last night I let Coney out before bed. Normally he does his business and is right back to the door wanting in, but not last night. After longer than normal, I go to the door and call him and he comes running. He comes in and I really didn't pay any attention to him, as I was getting him a treat. I turn around and he's at his spot between the kitchen and the living room/hall and I notice he has something in his mouth.
Me: "Coney!"
Coney just looks at me like "what?" he moves away from it and I gradually move toward the thing, not wanting to get too close cause I'm a big chicken. and I notice it's a baby bunny!
Me: "Co-ney! You killed a baby bunny!?"
So I grab some oven mitts, a broom and a dust pan - as I'm getting myself together he tries to grab it so I had to yell at him again! Finally I get the nerve to scoop up that poor baby bunny on the dust pan and walk it outside (at arm's length) for a proper burial (the trash).
Dang that dog, if he didn't wake me up twice in the middle of the night wanting to sniff around outside for more!

2 comments:

Angela Rivera said...

Aww. Poor baby bunny. No kisses form him huh.

Anonymous said...

Do you have your sign posted? He was just protecting his turf from the "big bad bunnies!!! lol

auntie jen