Sunday, September 14, 2008

Celebrating NVMC.tv Pastoral Staff

Today I would like to give honor to Pastors Steven & Andrea Webb (and that’s “ON”drea, like the light switch!). Pastors Steven & Andrea are our new Youth Pastors and let me tell you – We (Radiate) are very happy about that!
Isn’t it amazing how God works? When Steven & Andrea came to NVMC they had no intentions of becoming our next Youth Pastors. Isn’t it also amazing how God is always on time? This summer, for our students, has not been typical and for the entire summer we all have been praying for God to send us who he had for us. It seemed as if it all just happened at once! I remember the very first time Pastor Steven spoke in Radiate – it was almost like he had an instant connection with the students. They had been praying for their new Youth Pastor and some even heard from the Lord Pastor Steven’s name! I’m sure it was no surprise to them when they were announced as our new Youth Pastors last week! Even though we haven’t known Steven and Andrea very long you can already see the difference in Radiate! Our Radiate students already respect both of them very much and you can tell that they really listen to him and are interested in what he has to say. We’re pretty sure that he may have learned a lot from John the Baptist since he speaks to the students barefoot!
In just the few meetings we’ve had with them, everything they have talked about falls right in line with how we, as Youth Leaders, feel about our students. It was amazing, in one meeting, Andrea talked about something she wanted to work on and it was EXACTLY what another Youth Leader had been praying about and working on this summer! We can already tell that they both love the students and they are ready to take them to the next level!
We also know that both of them don’t mind goofing off with us and the students. And from what I hear they are big pranksters! I think I may have heard Pastor Steven say “Revenge is sweet” but don’t quote me on that…
I think I can speak for all of Radiate (Leaders & Students) in saying that we are very excited to see what God has in store for us with Steven and Andrea as our new Youth Pastors. We are thrilled to have them and feel honored to work with them in this ministry!
____________________________________________________
Today I would also like to honor Pastors Curtis & Charmaine Bridgeman. Pastors Curtis & Charmaine are absolutely the BEST music and worship leaders I have ever sat under! Not only are they super duper singers & song writers, they also know how to lead us into getting our praise on! Before I came to NMVC, even though I’d grown up in church, I never truly knew what it meant to “get my praise on”. I think that being in the choir and learning from Pastors Curtis & Charmaine helped me know how! When we practice on Tuesday nights, we don’t just learn the songs. Pastors Curtis & Charmaine teach us how to sing the song by making sure we make “ROOOUND SOOOUNDS”, and making sure we properly pronounce words like “PRAISE” instead of “PRAAIZE”. They show us how much feeling to put in the songs by telling us if they were in sitting in the crowd this is what they would look like…Pause for a mental picture (picture Pastor Curtis sitting barely clapping his hands, no emotion on his face, saying “oh that’s a lovely song”). They show us their keen sense of fashion by coordinating our colors each week! They get our minds ready for worship by bringing forth the Word during practice (seriously we practically have church sometimes!) and also by sending encouraging emails during the week. As you can see, they do way more than just “lead the singin”. I think I could probably speak for everyone at NVMC – Thank you Pastors Curtis & Charmain! Thank you for all you do for NVMC! We love and appreciate you! And I know for me personally, it’s an honor to be a part of your ministry!

No comments: