Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Think before you speak...

I was reading my Grace for the Moment book the other day and Max Lucado states “patience always hitches a ride with understanding” How true is that! What a profound statement! Wouldn’t it be nice if everyone you knew lived life knowing that statement? How many times have we been in a situation where we fly off the handle because of something and then later find out why that something was happening, then realize “yeah, I probably should have flown off the handle like that!” I’m not perfect but I like to think that I usually try to find out why something is happening before I get upset and loose my temper. So lets all try to remember Proverbs 11:12 (NIV) “A man of understanding holds his tongue” and to also quote Mr. Lucado “before you blow up, listen up.”

No comments: