Monday, October 6, 2008

Reaching the World...

Church was awesome yesterday! I learned a lot about the diversity of our city. Did you know that there are 91 countries (not including the US) that are represented in our city?! I probably couldn't even name 91 countries! Ninety-One! That is amazing to me! I can remember as a little girl, our churches always talking about missions and how we would have missionaries come and speak on mission Sunday. I can also remember how boring I always thought it was. BUT I can assure you, yesterday by all means was far from being boring! Yesterday changed the way I felt about missions. We don't have to go to a foreign country to reach the world. All we have to do is step outside! All I have to do is go to work! All you have to do is drive down the street! NVMC is going to reach the world through our city and we mean it when we say "we're a Church for people like you!"

No comments: