Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Well it's finally here. The months of all the annoying mud slinging campain commercials can finally stop. I went to vote this morning. Stood in line for 45 minutes but it was worth it. I count it a privilige and blessing to be able to vote! After words I went to work and was talking to one of my coworkers. I asked her if she voted, she said "no I went @ 6:30 and the line was too long" I was like, well you should leave early. She said "I just don't have time" I really wanted to beg and pled with her and tell her that she really needed to vote! People think their vote does not make a difference, but it does. What if everyone thought their vote didn't make a difference?
One thing I found that was odd on the BC ballot - there was a place for the county surveyor - it didn't have any names beside it. Does no one want that job? How does the "write-in" work anyway? I know you can't just put someone down - the person has to fill out some sort of affidavit and I think they have to BEFORE the election. So here's my question - IF they have to fill out the affidavit before the election then why not put them on the ballot? I didn't write a name down for that one - what if no one did - who gets that job?
Well anyway, I hope YOU voted today! Either way it goes, tonight will be history in the making!

No comments: