Friday, November 14, 2008

Giving Thanks

I am giving thanks early because today my sister Lori had 2 lumps removed from her breast and the doctor told us afterwards that he is 99% sure they were not cancerous! Praise the Lord!
Speaking of Thanksgiving, I found out last week that D&D were going to Florida for Thanksgiving. One of my dad's sisters lives down there and invited him and all his other sisters. Since he doesn't see them that often he didn't feel bad about leaving all of us on Thanksgiving. So when Diane was telling me and Christa she says, "I'm sure Kim will be having dinner" so today Christa asks Kim, "what time is dinner on Thanksgiving?" Kim says "what?" Needless to say Kim actually wasn't planning on having everyone out for Thanksgiving dinner. Christa says "oh well, this year we'll just spend more time with Stanley's family, that will be good." Then they all look at me....I guess they were wondering what I was going to do. I was wondering the same thing but then I remembered every year Leslie invites me to her house to eat with them - this year I will take her up on the offer! It'll be weird not being with my family on Thanksgiving but it will still be a good day and I am thankful for them EVERY day!

No comments: