Friday, January 30, 2009

Crazy Week

This week has been a crazy one. Due to the weather my work activated what they call Operations Contingency, which means they call in all management people to work at the hub. Here’s my account:



  • The first night I didn’t have to actually do any work, so I sat in a room for 3 hours

  • The second night & third night I worked – very hard I might add!

  • I don’t miss third shift!

  • Night 2, I wore too many clothes and was sweating profusely!

  • My arms are real sore, I’m pretty sure that’s normal since I don’t load cans every night.

  • Yesterday, my finger tips were sore, I’m pretty sure that’s NOT normal.

  • I loaded cans that are about 5 feet tall so you must duck to avoid hitting your head.

  • I hit my head.

  • I’m NOT good at loading cans. I kept thinking about Leslie and how she used to meticulously load her cans and just KNEW if she saw them, she would be so disappointed.

  • The building I used to work in when I was there (about 13 years ago) is now used for storage!

  • I am thankful my assignment is inside.

All plans that were made for my birthday have been postponed until next weekend!

No comments: