Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday "Auntie Jen"


Some of you may see some comments left on my blog signed by “Auntie Jen” Today is her birthday so wish her a Happy Birthday! I have a lot of extended family and other aunts on my dad’s side, so I hope they don’t take offence but she IS my favorite aunt! And not just because she’s the only one on my mom’s side either! Seriously, I couldn’t ask for a better one! I remember thinking when my nephew, Christopher was born, “I want him to feel about me the way I feel about Jennifer!”
She’s great because I feel like I can talk to her about anything! Sometimes growing up, you don’t tell your mom or dad something in fear that they will scold you or give you the third degree – well I NEVER (and still don’t) felt that way with her. I could always talk to her and she would never judge me.
She’s fun to be around, and can definitely take a joke. I often joke with her about her age or memory (or lack there of). One year I even bought her some ginkgo biloba supplements for Christmas! I don’t think she used them though! :D
I love to hear her sing and play piano! She’s been through a lot in her life and she’s still standing! You know I often said this of my mamaw but thinking today I can DEFINITELY say it of my aunt Jennifer – when I think of her I think of the verse in 1 Corinthians that talks about God not putting more on you than you can bare. She’s been through so much – lost both parents, both sisters, divorce, and what ever else – God must know that she is super strong or otherwise He wouldn’t have let it all happen!
Jennifer, I love you and hope you have a wonderful birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh girl, thanks for making me cry!! lol I love you so much - so thank you for all the kind words.
I used the ginkgo biloba - but I ran out and I can't remember to buy more!!!

auntie jen