Thursday, April 2, 2009

Why?

There are some things I just don’t understand. Call me naive, but until recently, I really thought there was good in everyone. I used to think that there were reasons behind what people did. But I’m starting to realize that there are people in this world that are just plain evil. Malicious even. It angers me to think that people are out to intentionally hurt people that I care about!
I’m trying to figure out which type of person worse – someone that tells bold faced lies about people or someone that you confided in and trusted completely turn their back on you. To some these types of people are different, but right now at this moment; to me they are very much the same!
Let me ask you – Why? Why do you tell lies about people that you know will hurt them, their family, their livelihood and their reputation? And why would you share trusted information about your friend that you know will start family conflict and ruin reputations? Surely, there is no good reason for any of it. Do you really think there is something to gain by doing any of these things? How does is make you feel that there are people hurting, people crying, people falling on their knees in despair before God because they don’t know what to do? Do you get satisfaction from seeing this? Does it give you a sense of power?
I don’t know why malicious people do the things they do, but I do know this – “Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.” Galatians 6:7-8.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!