Thursday, October 1, 2009

All the answers?

I was reading a devotional today and the passage of scripture that it used was Ephesians 4:31-32;
Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
Wow! How about that for telling us like it is?! I think one of the hardest things to do in that passage is "forgiving one another". Why do we find it so hard to forgive people? I think that we find it hard because we don’t want to let go of the fact that this person hurt us. You know you say, “I forgive you” but when you see that person or talk to someone about that person, it’s almost like you want to say to them “oh remember when you hurt me? But I forgave you! But really, you did hurt me.” Are we truly forgiving them?
And then what about forgiving someone when you feel like you’ve done nothing wrong, but they seem to think you have? How does that work? Are you the one that should take the 1st step to reconcile your relationship? Or because you feel you’ve done nothing wrong, do you wait for them? Shouldn’t they want to mend your relationship? It’s really all a big mystery! I don’t have all the answers. I wish I did!

No comments: