Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Long Cold Winter?

Yesterday I was reading all about how the woolly worms, squirrels and spiders are telling us that we are going to have a bad winter and also how the number of foggy days in August means that's how many times it's going to snow this winter (or something like that). I was thinking "cool! bring it, I like the winter time all cozy up in the house with Coney, a blanket and a nice hot cupajoe" BUT then I remembered! I remembered how everyone here FREAKS out when the least bit of snow falls - driving all crazy, all the bread and milk GONE from the shelves at Kroger, it's maddness I tell ya! and THEN I remembered something else! When it snows, it means all the college kids at the hub call in because they are "snowed in" so that leaves all the management folks (i.e. ME) to pick up the slack. So now I'm hoping those woolly worms, squirrels and spiders are as wrong as the local meteorologists usually are!

No comments: