Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Laughing at Myself!

Last Monday night I went to a Pampered Chef party at Christy’s. Leslie and I rode together and she had told be before the party that she needed to leave by 8:30 so I decided to park in Christy’s back driveway so we would not get blocked in.
Now before I go on, I’ll tell you a little about her back driveway and my driving skills: ok so her back driveway is gravel and on a small hill and my driving skills, well they are very good except for backing up – I sometimes struggle with that.
Now for the rest of the story. So we’re in the car and I start backing up. I go a little crooked and I think to my self “I should probably pull up and start over” Did I? Um, no. Leslie mentions, how crooked I’m going and then all the sudden, “Crash!” right in the ditch I go! I try gunning it forward – stuck. I try gunning it backward – stuck! I was STUCK – backend in the street, completely bottomed out – frontend in the ditch! After that it’s a bit of a blur of laughter, jokes, Bullitt County good ole boys trying to pull my car out and then eventually calling a tow truck! After the tow truck guy finally got me out he informed me that the good ole boys had bent some sort of rod in the back of the (of course he mentioned all the car parts and specific rods but I don’t remember what he said, heck I didn’t remember 2 minutes after he told me!) Anyhoo, I had to get some work done on the car, but thankfully my insurance is going to reimburse me for that! Moral of the story: Listen to that little voice in your head that tells you to stop and start over!

I’m pretty sure that none of my friends will ever let me live this one down. It was all over Twitter that night AND I think Gary is still walking around giggling about it!
And I will also say that I’ve had favor throughout the whole situation! For example, I don’t have AAA, but Leslie does so I used her card. The AAA guy was supposed to charge me for the tow since she wasn’t there at the time, he didn’t. And my insurance didn’t give me a hard time – I thought they might since they weren’t able to inspect the car before I got it fixed.
A few people at work were surprised that I have such a good attitude about it – I was surprised they thought that – I mean, seriously you HAVE to be able to laugh at yourself!

No comments: