Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving we are doing something new. The family (18 out of 20 of us) have decided to head out to Gatlinburg, TN for the Thanksgiving holiday. We've decided to have Thanksgiving dinner at the Dixie Stampede, so I don't think we're even having turkey. I'll be leaving today after a short day at work. I'm riding with my sister, her husband and her two kids. I think I'll take flash cards so I can show Samantha the difference between a deer and a kangaroo! Keep my family in your prayer for traveling graces and I'm sure I'll have lots to write about when I get back!

I thought about trying to list all the things that I was thankful for, but suddenly realized that the list would be miles long! I can't even just list a couple of general things because I end up thinking "oh I need to mention this or that" so just know this - I'm thankful for you! Thanks for taking time out of your day to read about my little ole life! I hope you and yours have a very Happy Thanksgiving! Take time tomorrow to actually sit and be still and think about all that God has done for you and thank him for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're in Gatlinburg, too! Only, I have to....I mean, GET to.... go see The Miracle Worker tonight. I'm a little jealous that you're at the Dixie Stampede.